Art teacher. Learning with technology. Digitally creative.
Blog posts about art education, my creative use of technology, eco/green design and use of multimedia. This is my personal blog, started in 2006 as a reflective practice on my teaching, use of technology and creativity. Content on this site can sometimes been found elsewhere on the web; in the form of guest posts, school web sites and other site addresses as I have moved the blog from host to host.
I have been teaching art and design for over 20 years and occasionally other subjects too. I am passionate about art, design and photography as a creative practitioner and teacher. I can turn my hand to video production and kids’ creative broadcasting too at a push. The archive of innovative work I have been involved with can be found in part here.
I completed an MSc in Multimedia/E-learning in 2010. My e-book on video in education is available to download: videocasting-to-the-natives.
If you would like to share ideas and collaborate or make contact, follow me on twitter: @damoward.
Things I enjoy:
- Walking/hiking – for exercise and clearing the head; I try to walk for an hour a day or longer if I have the opportunity. I really enjoy getting out into the open countryside.
- Reading – books, newspapers, Kindle, online; any format. Fiction and non-fiction, whatever takes my interest. I tend to have a couple of books on the go at once. Fave book: Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. Currently reading books on nutrition.
- Photography – often using my phone to record recipes or students’ art work but for the purposes of being creative too using a DSLR and/or my trusty Pentax P30 SLR.
- Meditation/mindfulness – something I got into at university via audio tapes that I have revisited often and have now rediscovered the joys through new iOS apps.
- Travel – not necessarily the destination.
- Growing Vegetables – I like to be outside the house in fair weather but don’t have green fingers or the necessary motivation for flower beds and shrubs. I like to grow just enough vegetables to get a buzz out of having nurtured from seed to the table. I have fruit trees, a greenhouse for tomatoes, peppers, marrows and courgettes and a small kitchen plot for Calabrese broccoli, potatoes and runner beans. I have focussed recently on varieties not available to buy in supermarket groceries, such as purple potatoes, yellow tomatoes and candy-swirled beetroot.
damoward.info by Damo Ward is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.damowardblog.wordpress.com
Standard Legal Disclaimer
All opinions expressed in the articles here are those of myself and not of any other organisation, including my employers or any other individual. Opinions expressed in comments are those of the commenter and may be moderated.